cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MG5500 Series Error State Printer Not Responding?

cfen0031
Apprentice

Hi all,

I have an issue with my printer. It's a Canon Pixma MG5500 Series. It used to be working fine up until a week or so ago when it started showing an error. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything, however it hasn't worked. The issue is that whenever I try to print, an error comes up on my laptop screen saying: Printer Not Responding. At times it has also said Printer is in Error State. Can someone please advise how to get my printer working again? Thanks.

27 REPLIES 27

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the causes of your issues. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Eureka!! -Problem solved by resetting Wi-Fi network

Regards

Hi,

I recently changed my internet provider and they gave me a new modem that comes with the router included.

I am experimenting the same "error state'

I used a windows 10 and I have a laptop Toshiba. What should I do, I have done everything you have mentioned here, I dont know what else to do?? I put the printer closer to the access, put again the wifi password, turned it on and off several times.

I used the printer wireless so I dont have a cord.

thank you,

Hi lauracardenas58!

Thanks for reaching out to Canon USA, we're happy to help! 

You'll want to head to  http://www.usa.canon.com/wirelesshelp

Once you're there, enter your printer model number and then select the option called "Re-establishing Printer Connection After A Network Change." It will bring up step-by-step instructions for changing your network information.

If you find you need one-on-one, live help, our US-based team is available weekdays from 10am to 10pm (ET), and support at Canon USA is always free! 

meimeimeime
Apprentice

Not sure you will read this, but maybe someone looking for an answer will.

I had the same issue and fiddled my way to a solution.

1. I wanted to print an online pdf, so I clicked on the printer icon that dropped down from top of screen, when I moved my mouse up to there.  
  2. I clicked on the printer icon
  3. a tool bar opened to the left side of screen
  4. at bottom of tool bar, in blue letters read "print using system dialog"
  5. I clicked on "print using system dialog"
  6. a small window opens
  7. at the top of window reads "select printer"
  8. below "select printer" read canon mg2500, BUT below THAT was canon mg2500 (copy 1)
  9. I clicked on "canon mg2500 (copy 1)"
  10. at bottom of same window reads "apply"
  11. I clicked "apply"
  12. Two (2) buttons to the LEFT of the "Apply" button is a "PRINT" button
  13. I clicked the "PRINT" button
  14. it worked.

For some reason I have to select  Canon mg2500 (copy 1),  beneath "select printer" in the system dialogue window (CTRL + SHIFT + P) and not canon mg2500

dominiquelafond
Apprentice

i have this same problem, did you ever fix it??

Aynur1969
Apprentice
My printer is not working I can’t print or do any copy what I have to do ?

Aynur1969
Apprentice
How I can fix it
Announcements