cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MG2522 printer alignment error

lorlyn63
Apprentice

I just purchased this printer and I am trying to get past the printer alignment portion of the setup, but it keeps giving me an error 2900 message.  It tells me to seek out help in the manual, but I am not seeing any information on this error message.  I have checked all the cables and everything is plugged in properly and the green light is on and I rechecked the print cartridges and they are in correctly.  Can someone help me understand what I might be doing wrong or what I am missing?  Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

That error will point to a problem with the printer scanning the alignment page. In this situation, you can check the bottom of the tanks to make sure none of the ink tank nozzles are covered and that the printed alignment page is placed properly on the glass.

We would be happy to assist further with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. Can you make a black and white copy and color copy from the glass or are they blank?
  2. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
Announcements