cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma IP8720 ink tray not moving correctly

Lydia1
Apprentice

Hello! I have just purchased the canon Pixma IP8720 and completed the set up. I was prompted to complete a head alignment and when I went to do so, an orange light started to flash. I followed the recommended steps that the instructions provide for this occurrence but the orange light continues to flash. I looked it up online it was suggested that it may be an issue with the inks and how they are loaded. I opened the top of the printer but the ink tray did not move to align with where you load the inks. I turned off the printer and waited a few minutes before turning it back on. When I did, the ink tray again did not move correctly and got stuck on the opposite side of its "home base location" . I tried unplugging the printer and had the same issue with the ink tray.

I believe my flashing orange light is due to the inks not moving and being where they are supposed to be. I can not find any suggestions with this and attempted it utilize the chat function which I though would bring me to person to troubleshoot with, but was only provided an article that was not helpful. I do not see any error messages popping up, but again I am just setting this printer up and may not be looking in the correct locations for error messages.

If anyone has has a similar problem and was able to fix it, I would greatly appreciate any guidance with this

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements