cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG6505 giving me a 'printer not responding' error code

Ucbtmbk
Apprentice

Hi there

My Canon Pixma 6300 series printer has stopped printing since I changed broadband provider about a month ago. Initially the printer was greyed out on my laptop whenever i tried to print, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer. After that it was recognised by my laptop, so I can now send stuff to print, but after a minute a printer dialogue box pops up on screen with the message 'Printer not responding'.

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be gratefully received : )

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information.

What is the exact model printer you're using (it's usually on the top or front of the unit)?
Do you see any error messages?
Which version of Windows or macOS are you using?
How do you connect to your printer (USB or WiFi)?
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks, and have a great day!

Thanks for asking for extra details. Here are my responses: 

What is the exact model printer you're using (it's usually on the top or front of the unit)? It is MG36505
Do you see any error messages? Only the 'printer not responding' error message mentioned above
Which version of Windows or macOS are you using? I am using Windows 11 Home
How do you connect to your printer (USB or WiFi)? Via Wifi

Thanks so much for the updated info!

We appreciate your participation; however, we must let you know that Canon USA hosts and moderates the Canon Community within the United States. We can only provide direct support for Canon products manufactured and used in the US market. The PIXMA MG3650S is a Canon UK exclusive. 

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Announcements