cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon G7050 - Dull faded colours help

KOldfield
Apprentice

I have a Canon G7050 that I use with my Mac. This was working totally fine until a recent Mac update and now my prints are coming out dull and faded. Can anyone help please? Many Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Whenever there is an OS update on a Mac it is always wise to re-install the printer driver. Try that and see if that resolves your problem.

If it was a major update, such as macOS 12 to macOS 13, check that you are using the latest driver as well.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for your reply John. Sadly when I go on the Canon website it says there are no drivers available for my software. 

Kelly 

If you go to System Settings->Printers and Scanners and select Options for your printer do you see a screen smiler to this:

Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 9.23.56 AM.png

Version 3.0 is what you should see.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you just check and it does say version 3

Kelly 

Arthur

Welcome to The Canon Community, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Are you running macOS Ventura? If so, the printer uses the Apple AirPrint driver. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Is it a particular software that is giving the problem? If you run a nozzle check do all the inks print OK?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements