cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install Canon MG6620 drivers

lakawak
Apprentice

I had a complete Windows crash and had to reinstall it from start. When I tried to install the drivers for my Canon G6620, which worked perfectly fine before the crash, it hangs up.

First, even though my printer is turned on, it stops and tells me to connedct the printer to the computer and turn it on. So I turn it off and back on. Then it says "the printer is detected. please wait until installation is completed" Except it doesn't TRYto compelte the installation. IT has been over 10 minurtes. Nothing. And in the task manager, the Canon process is at 0 across the board. No CPU, no memory, no disk.

This happened with both the CD that came with the printer, AND the driver downloaded driectly from the site. And to be clear, both my Anrti-virus and firewall were turned off when I attempted this.

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

If you are using the printer with a direct USB connection, try using a different USB port on the computer.  Also, since the operating system has been reinstalled on the computer, the USB drivers may need to be installed as well.  Contact your computer manufacturer to ensure that the latest USB drivers are installed for the computer.

If you continue to have difficulties with this issue, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The USB ports are fine. The printer is not the first thing I have trying reinstalling. All other devices work fine, including in ports where I tried the Canon install with no luck.

Announcements