cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get access to my scanned images

tfinnman
Apprentice

Once I have scanned in the IJ Scan Utility, I can't get to the image.  I get this message:

Cannot display the image in My Image Garden because you do not have permission to access the folder in which the scan result is saved.

I have updated the drivers.  I am a one-person operation in a home office.  How do I "gain permission to access the folder?"

This problem started when I upgraded my Mac to a new OS, Catalina.

3 REPLIES 3

Tiffany

Welcome to the Canon forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what model Canon 
equipment you are using. Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Thank you!

tfinnman
Apprentice

I have a PIXMA MX 922 Multifunction Printer/Scanner

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi tfinnman,

Please try changing the folder where your images are scanned and saved.  As an example, let's try this:

1.  Right click your desktop and create a new folder on your desktop called "Scans".

2.  Open the IJ Scan Utility.

3.  In the IJ Scan Utility, click the Settings button in the lower right corner.

4.  On the left side, click on Photo Scan on the left side.

5.  In the list on the right, in the Save Settings section, click the Save in drop down box.  Select the newly created Scans folder that is located on your desktop.

6.  Click OK

Once set, please attempt to scan using the Photo button on the IJ Scan Utility.

If you are using the Document button on the IJ Scan Utility, follow the same steps but clicking on Document Scan on the left side in Settings.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements