cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I print directly from the internet to my Canon printer #TR8622a?

Honcho
Contributor

I recently set up my Canon printer #TR8622a with ease.  However, in order to print from the internet I must save the page to my computer first, and then print it from my computer to the Canon printer.  Is there a way to print something that I am reading on the internet with my Canon printer, without first downloading it onto my computer?  

If so, how do I can the settings?

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Does your browser have a print selection?

\Screenshot 2022-12-26 193515.jpgScreenshot 2022-12-26 193450.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes, it does have a print selection.  However, when I hit print it asks me how I want to save it.  Then I have to save it, and then print it from the saved entry.

MS Edge will print directly. Which browser are you using?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I am using Windows Eleven.

Honcho

Honcho
Contributor

I am using an HP Windows Eleven.  

I am 77 years old and need a little more help than you younger guys.

1. When I receive an e-mail that I want to print, or if I pull up something on the internet that I want to print, I hit "print".  2. Then the screen shows "Save print output." 3. Then I have to save it on my hard drive. 4. Then I pull it up on my hard drive, and I hit "print."  It then prints.  I don't feel that I should have to go through all of these steps to print anything.

I appreciate your help, and look forward to hearing from you.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Honcho,

We'll all work together on this.

HP (Hewlet Packard) is a company.  They manufacture computers and printers, and a lot of other stuff, but mostly computers and printers.

Windows is a Microsoft Product.  Its software, an operating system.  Microsoft was founded by Bill Gates and Paul Allen.  Their primary business is software, but they have expanded into many other markets including hardware as well.  There have been many versions of the windows operating system, the latest version is Windows 11. 

Your printing issue. Lets set your TR8622a as the default device. 

Visit this page:

Set a default printer in Windows - Microsoft Support

You can select the first option and set your Canon printer as "default".  Close the dialog when complete.

Now test printing again.  Your Canon printer should be automatically selected, and will allow you to start printing.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements