cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANON MG5720 OCR can't connect

deac33
Apprentice

 My CANON MG5720 OCR says it can't connect.  But my computer connect to the printer to scan and do other jobs, just not OCR.   I have both USB cable and WiFi connection to the printer and all works well except OCR.

Here is the error message I get.  

Is there another setting I need to check?    THANK YOU.

Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 10.54.16 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Since you have it set via wireless and usb, change the product name in ij scan utility from MG5700 series network to just MG5700 series. If you click on the printer name, a drop down will appear and allow you to change it. 

If  you are able to select just the MG5700 series, try scanning again. If the scan goes through, that means the scanner driver detects the printer as connected via a usb cord and not wireless.

When you installed the MG5700 series driver, you can only select a wireless or usb connection, there is not a option to select both at the same time. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Since you have it set via wireless and usb, change the product name in ij scan utility from MG5700 series network to just MG5700 series. If you click on the printer name, a drop down will appear and allow you to change it. 

If  you are able to select just the MG5700 series, try scanning again. If the scan goes through, that means the scanner driver detects the printer as connected via a usb cord and not wireless.

When you installed the MG5700 series driver, you can only select a wireless or usb connection, there is not a option to select both at the same time. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements