cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black printing problem IP3600

Alexyxx
Apprentice

I have been having a problem with printing ordinary black typescript with a Canon Pixma IP3600, but only since upgrading OS from WindowsXP to Windows7 a few weeks back, and only with the PG fat Black ink.

Printing a page goes from full good black to fading out to no print at all, in the course of printing about two pages. No grid on nozzle test, but after a deep clean all is well again, lovely black printing for a page or two. Then it all happens again!

Never had anything like this before in several years. Could this be a software problem? maybe it is failing to do routine cleaning? Anyone has an idea how to solve it?

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

The fat black inks are pigment inks. Maybe try reoving the cartridge and give it a good shaking.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

No, shaking does not solve the problem, nor changing the cartridge.  Howevwer, if I do a "normal" clean of the fat black cartridge nozzles every day, that seems to work. Maybe  that SHOULD happen automatically?  But maybe when I upgraded to Windows 7 the automatic cleaning of the fat black  cartridge nozzles stopped working?  Any comments anyone? Any possible fix?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements