cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with EOS Utility 3 and win 11 -Solved

nickos
Apprentice

I'm posting this if anyone has a problem with Canon utility 3 and widows 11, the solution is to go to the Canon USA site and download version 3.16.0.7. It works flawlessly. Apparently Canon broke the app.

9 REPLIES 9

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I'd try uninstalling, restarting and installing the latest version before assuming there was a problem. v3.18.0 was released at the end of March.  It adds support for the Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E2.  If you are stable, there is no need to update unless you own the adapter.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

smar9960
Contributor

I contacted Canon, but could not get the software to install, I was advised to remove, but can not get it to uninstall

should have stayed with Nikon

@smar9960 wrote:

I contacted Canon, but could not get the software to install, I was advised to remove, but can not get it to uninstall

should have stayed with Nikon

When I get behavior like that I run the free version of the Ccleaner registry tool.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Funny comment.  🤣.  Now let's try to solve your problem.  

Are you running Mac OS or Windows? What version and build? 

What version of the EOS utility did you try to install? 

Please provide the steps you performed and any error messages you received.  

Your post above isn't clear. It says you couldn't install the software, were told to remove it, but couldn't get it to uninstall.  So please help us understand how you're going to remove something that didn't install?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I am running Windows 11.  While installing I got message that an error had occurred. I contacted Canon Support and he told me to install an older version. No version worked and keep getting the same error. He got me to try an earlier version of photo editor and it appeared to install but when I try to open I get an error. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

And what is the error?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

smar9960
Contributor

Just says error

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Let's try again

You're running Windows 11

Attempting to install EOS Utility 3 

What version of the EOS Utility? >

You ? Run the installer and what happens? >

You see something that displays Error? How about a picture of that "error" or message.

Is this a windows error, a software installation error, etc?

I need you to tell me what you are doing, and what happens when you do it.  The steps you are performing and the result.  

Review the System Event Log..  Are there any errors or messages regarding the installation attempt / failure?

I'm happy to try and help, but 3 word responses will impede our progress.  Please answer the questions as succinctly as possible.  Providing details is helpful.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Sorry. Just frustrated. I am the administrator on my desktop. I have 500gig of free space. Running Windows 11. When I try to load the software it gets to the end and get the message. 
NG EOS Utility 3 an error has occurred and I get that for everything. 
I tried several builds but they all fail with same error. 
I was able to load GIMP, Photoshop express. I will try to call canon again

Announcements