cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downloading EOS Utility drivers for 2 cameras

svjphotog
Contributor

I am trying to download the EOS 2 Utility for my Canon NON WIRELESS 60D so I can get the photos off the memory card. The computer I use already has EOS 3 Utility downloaded for my Canon mirrorless M50 Mark II. Is there any way to have both utilities on the same computer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to the EOS 1D X support site and download EOS Utility 3.13.20. It is the version that will also install EOSU 2. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information.

Do you see any error messages?
Which version of Windows or macOS are you using?

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks, and have a great day!

svjphotog
Contributor

When I plug in the cable on my Canon 60D to download the photos, I see an error message on my Desktop that reads "EOS Utility Launcher/Application not installed/ Please install EOS Utility 2." I have the original CD for EOS Utility 2  and have installed  the version on the CD, which is version 24.1 with the EOS Utility listed as 2.10 and Zoom BrowserEX version 6.7. When I open ZoomBrowser EX "Acquire & Camera Settings" then "Acquire Images from Memory Card" the error message says there is no image, but I can see the images on the camera. Is there a way to download EOS Utility 2 at the same time as having EOS Utility 3 on my computer? I have had no problems with downloading photos from my Canon 60 BEFORE I downloaded the drivers for my M50 Mark II.  I am using Windows 10.

Go to the EOS 1D X support site and download EOS Utility 3.13.20. It is the version that will also install EOSU 2. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

This works for downloading photos from both cameras--hooray! But after downloading, the Photos file of WIndows 10 keeps "Looking for nre photos and videos", can't find any, and cannot be cancelled--meaning clicking on the cancel button does nothing--even when the camera is turned off. The only way to get rid of it is to use the X and close the Photos folder entirely.

I never use Photos, so I'm not sure, but maybe there is an automatic setting you need to turn off.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I've EOS 3.17.05, it will not download .CR2 files from my 70D.  I went to the EOS 1D X support site, did not find the download EOS Utility 3.13.20; I downloaded 3.16.20 -no help.  Wondering if EOS Utility 3 version works solely with .CR3 files and is incapable of working with .CR2s?  Not a crisis -I've EOS U2 on another PC. 

Go to the 1D X Mark III support site. I know it’s there. 

I just checked. Also on 1D X site. Need to select W10. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

normadel
Authority
Authority

Yes, EOS Utility 2 and 3 can both exist on a computer. The appropriate one will open for the connected camera.

But.....you don't need EU or any other software to download from camera to computer. When you connect them via USB the camera should show up as a drive in Windows, or on the desktop of a Mac. You open it, open the DCIM folder, and you should see your files, which you then drag & drop to wherever you want them to go.

You can tell EU NOT to automatically open when a camera is connected.

When I plug the cable into the computer and turn the camera on, I get an error message stating that it is the EOS Utility Launcher that says Application not installed. Please install EOS Utility 2. So attaching the cable to the camera and the computer doesn't work.

Announcements