cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon eos utility 3 live view greyed out

nkliko
Apprentice

I've beeing using the live view function in te Canon Eos Utility 3 with no problems, but suddenly one day stoped working. All the program and thetered shooting works ok, but not the Live View function, the screen in the computer is greyed out. This happens also with an USB cable or with the wifi function.

The camera works perfect, with or without live view.

In one computer (mac Air 2015) stoped working and in the other (Mac Mini 2012) still works ok, same OS.

The camera is a Canon eos 5d Mark IV, and th os is Mac Os Sierra 10.12.6

Please can anyone help me!

Thanks

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 19.05.39.png

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Is your installed version of the EOS Utility the same on both systems?

While you continue to diagnose / troubleshoot...  Hopefully you have employed Time Machine and can revert the system to a previous point in time when Live View worked. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

nkliko
Apprentice
Hi. Thanks for your answer.
Yes is the same version.
I didnt employed time machine
I’ve already uninstall and reinstalled eos utility. But stoll not working.

Ous
Contributor

Same here, 

I've instaled several versions of EOS UTILITY (3.12   3.13  3.14  3.15..  and the last one 3.16.1.3) and always I get a grey screen.

I have a MacBook Pro M1 and eos 6D mark II, both updated softwares and firmwares!

I'm going crazy and I can not work!!!!

Ous
Contributor

By the way, with an other software (HeliconRemote) the live video works perfectly. But it is only dedicated to several specific functions, so I need urgently to solve the problem with EOS Utility

Ous
Contributor

Captura de pantalla 2023-05-18 a les 10.13.00.pngCaptura de pantalla 2023-05-18 a les 10.13.05.pngCaptura de pantalla 2023-05-18 a les 10.13.10.png

Ous
Contributor

I'm gonna apport some new information. 

If you create a new mac osx User, it will work. So the problem it is ralated with tha EOS Utility installed settings. Even though you delete thed app, and re-install it, the setings remain. 

I'm on my way to find a solution. For the moment you could try to create a new user in Mac OSX

Ous
Contributor

SOLVED!!!

Just delete de file "com.canon.EOS-Utility-3.plist" from Library/preferences.

Announcements