cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoombrowser HELP can I transfer my keywords into another program

JJK
Contributor

hi

I have recently installed Windows 10 & and Zoombrowser  no longer works. I believe imagebrowser is also not available for Windows 10.  I would advise by Canon technical support that they do not have another program for editing photographs.

I have 20 years worth of photographs all tagged with my special keywords-my  lifework!

can the Metadata(if that is the right term) within these photographs be picked up by another program that I could use?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JJK,

Thanks for checking in with us.

ZoomBrowser is an older program that we developed before modern operating systems were available. We've phased it out and enhanced Digital Photo Professional to take its place. DPP does allow ratings information to be read by other programs, but I can't guarantee that it will be able to read the tagged data from ZoomBrowser.

You can find the new software by visiting www.canoneos.com. On the new page that loads, click on DRIVERS & DOWNLOADS link on the top right. Enter your camera model in the prompt, select it from the options that load under the box, and then press the GET DRIVERS & DOWNLOADS button. If you don't see DPP listed under your camera, try searching for a newer camera like the PowerShot G7 X Mark III.

Click on the SOFTWARE heading and look for Digital Photo Professional. Once you select either file, you'll be prompted to save the file to a convenient location on your computer.

The file you download is actually a zipped file. When it finishes downloading, you'll want to right click it and select the EXTRACT option. This will create another folder by the zipped file with the same name. Open the folder and double click the file, and that should start the installer. If you have problems installing it, please elaborate on which camera and operating system your computer is running.

To learn more about DPP 4, I recommend that you check out this series of tutorials that we put together:

http://learn.usa.canon.com/galleries/galleries/tutorials/dpp4_tutorials.shtml

Hope that helps!

hi

Many thanks for getting back so quickly. Find it really surprising and disappointing that Canon did not think about forward compatibility here. I will give it a try.

For information I have found the programme that allowed me to capture the ZB keyword information as EXIF information-do you know this would be picked up by the new program on any other programs?

Thanks again

John

JJK
Contributor

Hi

I tried your solution.

For Information your Canoneos link did not work but I found the site.

However when I tried to download –asked me for my serial number which is worn from both my EOS and my power shot. Can you help with that please as I cannot get past this stage?

jjk

You can find the serial number in your exif data.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi John

No I could not find it ther it was blank. However I found it for my power shot and put it in but it did not recognise it as the proper serial number as I had indicated my camera was PowerShot G7 X Mark III as per your previous instructions.

Thanks

John

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Check your Private Message.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Many thanks for the quick response.

I have now downloaded the program.

The programme has picked up my star ratings previously applied which is really helpful.

Can you let me know how I access the keywords or what the keyword functionality is on this program.

Additionally, it only seems to let me search on individual folder level e.g. 2020 01-rather than searching at one level up e.g. all the photographs for 2020?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks again

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I don’t use keywords with DPP so I don’t know if it can.

You can download the PDF manual from the Canon support site.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks-it appears that it does not have keywords functionality and is therefore unfortunately not of any use to myself.

This is the whole point of my post. I need a solution that can allow me to search for the keywords that I painstakingly built up over a number of years since zoombrowser.

Would you be able to advise or point me in the right direction?

Announcements