cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZoomBrowser - Has Canon dropped support for it?

Photog82
Contributor

I still use and love ZoomBrowser for viewing all of my photos, why you ask? Photos look super sharp in them, especially the Canon photos and it can view any type of JPG which is handy. I know that I can use the ImageBrowser but I don't like that I have to "import" my folders into it.

So, has Canon dropped support for it?

4 REPLIES 4

Photog82
Contributor

If it's of any importance, I'm on Windows 8.

Mykolas
Authority

Photog82,

Canon has not stopped providing support for ZoomBrowser EX, but the application has been replaced by ImageBrowser EX.  The latest updates for ZoomBrowser EX are available on the Canon USA website, but the last version of Windows it was supported in was Windows 7.  I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I can still use ZoomBrowser on Windows 8 just fine, I just noticed that no updates have been released for 7 months. I much prefer ZoomBrowser over ImageBrowser so I'l stick with that, thanks.

Mike,

I tried with both the latest version of Zoombrowser and Image browser and...both of them have problem with my new installation of Windows 7 SP1 with latest updates

ZOOMBROWSER does not find my Canon A95 attached to my desktop. But the camera is attached as a matter of fact I can retrieve the images manually into a folder of my choice.

IMAGEBROWSER is...even worse. Clicking on the Camera icon (Import/Camera setting) it allows only to Import or Transfer images to the Memory Card but the camera device it's totally ignored.

I think Canon should fix this problem and allow users of Windows 7 to retrieve pictures from their Canon Photoshot.

When purchased my camera A95 came with a CD with several Canon utilities including ZoomBrowser EX 4.6 and this setting has always worked flawlessly (and still does) in Windows XP SP3.

For you information, Zoombrowser EX 4.6 shows (in Windows 7 SP1) exactly the same problem of Zoombrowser EX 6.9 by not finding my camera connected to my PC.

Piero Bassi

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements