cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM "repaired" 2 weeks ago, returned and it is still broken...

madshadows
Apprentice

[Removed repair number]

$459 flat fee to repair my lens that would stop focusing at random times.  Very repeatable on my 90D, and the R7. I shipped to CA repair depot, they shipped it to Virginia, then I sent in my 90D. "Tested together"  Came back with a note I had settings wrong and the lack of focus was due to low light. I know how to shoot photos.    I have been using this lens since 2016 for night football photography. It has been on a 70D, 90D and my R7.  Last year the inner lens assembly came apart. Canon repair in CA repaired it and returned it. All good until now.

NOW  a week after "repairing" the lens, it is no longer supported......   Took my money, did not repair and then dropped support.   REALLY?

Matt

4 REPLIES 4

SamanthaW

Hello,

The Canon Community is not intended for direct support from Canon USA regarding complaints or repair issues. We would recommend reaching out to us directly at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) to discuss your repair and concerns further. 

Thanks!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Matt,

All repairs for the same issue come with a 90 day warranty.  Your post is not clear.  "Last year the inner lens assembly came apart"..  got repaired, "all good until now".  So how long has it been?  "Now a week after repairing the lens"?...  I thought it was last year?    Its 90 days from when you got it back.

The mkII is a 13 yrs old lens. 

If the lens is out of its repair warranty and no longer repairable because it is end of life....  try midwestcamera dot com.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

madshadows
Apprentice

Yes, I know the mk II is an older design, I bought it in 2016. October 2022 was the first repair due to the inner lens barrel issue.  No trouble since.  And I understand that things go EOL.   It was the timing of the EOL... November 2023, 1 week after it was returned this time.  To give Canon repair HUGE credit, after I posted this I received a shipping label and a "Repeat Repair" email from the service center. Whoever made that happen, thank you!

Matt

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Matt,

The moderators here are good, caring people who go way over and beyond.  Canon is a huge company comprised of humans who share the same passion about photography as you and I.  I'm glad they're going to take care of you.  🙂

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements