cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageBrowser EX

Granus
Apprentice

I have an SX 10 iS and run its photo files into a WIN XP computer. We have just purchased a new computer running WIN 8 through a 64 bit  AMD quad core processor. Assuming the old ZoomBrowser would not work with the new computer, I went to  Canon's web site where I ended up with  ImageBrowser EX. It was downloaded and, with the camera connected and turned on as instructed, the app was run. It recognized the camera immediately and installed without incident. The installation was apparently correct as the app launches nicely and appears to function correctly, though no photo files have been loaded yet. However, it will not see the camera when it is linked (USB) to the computer. Can anyone offer a suggestion?

2 REPLIES 2

Mykolas
Authority

Granus,

You will also need to make sure you have the update to CameraWindow DC 8.8 installed.  It was listed directly below the ImageBrowser EX update on the Canon USA website.  For your convenience, I have included a link to the download page below:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/digital_cameras/other_powershot/powershot_sx10_is#Dri...

CameraWindow DC is what is actually used to import images from your PowerShot SX10 IS.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Photog82
Contributor
Hi,

Canon ZoomBrowser will work, trust me, it's 100% better than the horribly clunky, choppy, slow software called ImageBrowser EX.

If you install ZB you can use the built in software to download the photos from a memory card reader or by using a USB cable connected to your camera.
Announcements