cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video file MP4 editor wanted (G16)

TedR
Contributor

Neither Zoombrowser EX (6.9) nor DPP4 seem to support this MP4 format. What Canon software (for PC) does support it?

2 REPLIES 2

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

I tried a few different products and ended up getting Corel's Video Studio Ultimate 2018.  The learning curve isn't bad and it does what I needed for well under $100.  Try downloading the trial version and see if it suits your needs.

One annoying feature is its stupid splash screen that is displayed and prevents you from doing anything else while the program is initializing each time it is launched.  Delete the splash screen files to kill this "feature".

I don't believe Canon provides any editing software for video files. 

Video editing will give your computer system a workout.  I have shot a lot of 4K 60FPS files with my Canon XF400 camcorder and even with a 16 core dual processor HP Z820 workstation loaded with RAM and a high end video card editing and especially rendering is time consuming compared to working with still images.

And on edit, Microsoft used to include their movie maker software with Windows and it provides the basics.  Supposedly it is still available for download on the web but be careful because I recall reading several people got viruses with it because Microsoft no longer supplies it so the sites that host it are sketchy at best.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

I went through a bunch of video progs and finally chose Corel Video Studio.

I use it for videos and also to do Ken Burns type pans of my photos.

Announcements