cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VR plugin for Premiere pro won't activate.

dsphoto
Apprentice

Loop of death:

EOS VR plugin , the HEVC codec has not been activated. 

CSA tool to use paid function. and restart the premiere, but never gets activated. 

5 REPLIES 5

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi dsphoto,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the EOS VR Plugin for Adobe Premiere Pro. To assist you with this issue we would need some additional information. What camera body are you using to record the footage? Are you getting any error messages, and if you are what does it say word for word? What operating system is on your computer?

AdamFoulkes
Apprentice

I have the same issue.

I am using the Canon R5c with the fisheye lense. The error message is the HEVC could not be activated. I am using windows 10.

Thanks in advance,

Adam

Hi AdamFoulkes,

There is something to try with that camera body and operating system. There is an HEVC codec activator that allows Windows 10 programs to read those types of files. That activator can be downloaded HERE. Once you are on the web page click on the Software & Drivers button. To see the activator you will likely need to click on the Load More option multiple times. The one to download and install is named Canon HEVC Activator (Canon EOS R5 C) 1.0.0 for Windows.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Additional support is available here.  

EOS VR Plugin for Adobe Premiere Pro (imaging-saas.canon)

Please ensure your Premiere software is supported: Adobe Premiere Pro 22.0 - 23.3, 23.6 or more

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

AdamFoulkes
Apprentice

Thanks both for your messages. I am sorted now. Much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Adam

Announcements