cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to import some images from android into DPP4

miniucnchew
Apprentice

Hello All,

I am trying to edit photos taken with my android phone camera in DPP4 and am having trouble with some of them. It seems like images with an f-stop of 1.7, 1.8, or 2.2 are getting distorted with color bars or are not able to be imported at all. I'm having no issues with photos from my partner's android phone camera. Their phone took photos with f-stops of 1.5 and 2.4 which both appear just fine. The f-stop thing is the only consistent feature of the distorted or unreadable images that I have been able to identify. I have included a photo of what the photos look like within dpp4. If anyone has seen this before or might know what the issue is I would be very grateful to know. 

Thank you

example of distortions within dpp4example of distortions within dpp4

4 REPLIES 4

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Interested as I have an Android; this is an older model. I don't always have my Canon with me. Looking for the replies.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

DPP4 is primarily a RAW processing tool for canon cameras. It can read and edit JPEG and TIFF files, but it seems to frequently have issues with those files.

Are the files from your Android JPEG files? Does it have problems with files with f/stops different that the ones you reported?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

The files are jpg and it doesn't seem to have any issues with other f/stops. 

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Dear miniucnchew,

Our Digital Photo Professional 4 has been developed to allow users to edit and manage photos that have been taken with Canon cameras. Though the JPG file format is a universal image format, certain devices that take pictures in the JPG format may include information within the image file that may prevent our software from being able to properly open and view the image. We cannot guarantee that the software will open and edit images taken with non-Canon cameras.

You may test Digital Photo Professional 4 with images taken from a Canon camera to determine if there are any issues when managing those photos and you may contact us if you experience any issues. 

Announcements