cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 7D Mark II and Web cam Utility Mac

Djjf57
Apprentice

Hi,

just downloaded the webcam app crom Canon site.

tried everything to make it work:no success.

Email Canon support transfer me to a phone number in the US,I am in Canada.

Got the line for Canada,the support person was very patient finally acknowledged it could be the cable that is faulty:did anyone had that problem....

Nothing works on Facetime,Zoom,Skype..

I have an iMac 2009,every USB ports works well.

My firmware on my 7D is ok...

Many thanks,

Jean-Francois Laferte

Terrebonne,Quebec

Canada

2 REPLIES 2

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

First to check that the USB is functioning properly, when the camera is plugged into your iMac you should be able to access the camera's memory card through Image Capture, a program built into your operating system. If you cannot see the memory card in Image Capture then there is still a USB connection issue.

Next, you want to make sure you are using Mac OS XHigh Sierra, Mojave or Catalina. All other versions of Mac OS including the latest Big Sur are not yet supported.

If you've installed the utility and the USB connection is fine and you are using one of the compatible OS versions The next thing I would check is that the camera is set to the movie mode before you connect the USB cable and that EOS Utility 3 is not running.

twojfoto
Apprentice

Your error is regretably with your hardware setup.  The configuration you are trying to achieve, unfortunately, will not work on a 2009 iMac.  Support, I believe, begins on the 2014 iMac.  If you have access to a rig from 2014 or later, try the setup and see if you have success.  If so, then you know what you need to do on Apple's side of the equation.  Luckily, you have a brand new iMac out as of a year ago and a new 27"ish iMac right around the corner.  Tuck away a little coin here and there and you'll be up and running in no time.

2j

Announcements