cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software for PowerShot SX50HS

matttsalo
Apprentice

I am using a PowerShot SX50HS. I have a new computer, OS Windows 11. I want to upload my photos. What is the appropriate software to download? I have the original CDs with CameraWindow and Zoom Browser EX, but those are, I think, intended for earlier Windows versions and may be outmoded. Does Digital Photo Professional take their place?

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I think you will find that many of us here recommend using a card reader to offload photos from a card rather than cables and software. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Agree with John.  The simplest is usually the best and simply removing the SD card from the camera and inserting it into a card reader.  At that point the operating system will see the card as a removable drive and you can open the DCIM folder and use the normal copy/paste functions of windows to copy the files to the folder(s) of your choice.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements