cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Zoombrowser on older computer

wahunter50
Apprentice

My computer just lost the system drive and I have to reinstall all the programs on the new drive.  Where can I find a copy of Zoombrowser to install?  I know that Cannon wants us to use Digital Photo Pro, but I only need a program to allow cataloging pictures by year, month, day taken as I use PhotoChop for editing and my mind has been using the simple format of Zoombrowser for so long (EOS Rebel T1 and newer) that all the new catalog files just show way too much data when you are scrolling through a few thousand pictures to find the one you want.  

Thanks,
Wayne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you go to the Windows 8.1 download site you can download a digital image of the CD that came with your camera:

IMG_2037.jpeg

If you were able to run the program when you had the CD it should run now. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings Wayne,

Can say I'm wild about recommending that you reinstall 14 years old software on your machine.

What OS are you using? (Version and build)

If its windows, an older version of Zoom Browser or Image Browser might run in compatibility mode.

Canon Support for EOS Rebel T1i | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I am running Win 10 and the program worked fine for what I needed for 5 years.  Then the system drive (Dual Drive Computer) crashed.  All the current programs, including the stupid Canon Pro, have too many buttons, bells, and congested screens.  I only use it to quickly pull up folders or subfolders, look at the downloaded pictures, and select pictures to print, edit, delete, or send to a more complex program.  Since the new system drive is still Windows 10, I just need a location where I can download the program and install it on the new drive.  All data and programs on the old system drive were lost.  Does the old program exist for download on Canon software site or do I have to go to outside sources to try to find a CD with the program installation file on it?

It has been a long time since I did this the last time.  If I put in a camera to try to get to the software, I get hung up at the serial number input.  How do you get to this download from the canon support page?

Thank you

Wayne

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you go to the Windows 8.1 download site you can download a digital image of the CD that came with your camera:

IMG_2037.jpeg

If you were able to run the program when you had the CD it should run now. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Thanks.  After scrounging around for a while, I just entered the S/N from my old Rebel XTi and it let me into the extra files.  In the process of downloading now.  If I have any more problems, I will be back.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Thanks John!

@wahunter50.  Please use the link in my first reply above.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements