cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement for Image Browser?

mrsclaus
Contributor

Is there a program that WILL download pics and vids like the old image browser did? I desperately need on the will download pics and vids and put them in the date taken folders? I am constantly being told to use a card reader which is so NOT what I need! All they do is let you copy and paste then you have to make their date taken folders yourself and when you take hundreds of photos like I do , that is a super pain in the you know where! I have a Canon sx70 if that helps.

9 REPLIES 9

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

Mrs Claus,

Have you looked at EOS Utility.

I know it defaults to a folder that is dated, although it might be the date the images were downloaded, as opposed to the date they were taken.

Steve Thomas

I have a powershot camera. I was told EOS utility wont work on powershots. Was that wrong?

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The Product Support Page for the SX70 lists ITU, Image Transer Utility.

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/powershot-sx70-hs 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

It wont work for me. For some reason I cant get the camera to pair so that program doesnt want to work. Any suggestions on why it wont pair?

@mrsclaus wrote:

It wont work for me. For some reason I cant get the camera to pair so that program doesnt want to work. Any suggestions on why it wont pair?

No idea.  What Operating System are you running?

Make certain that you are using a USB data cable not a USB power/charging cable.  Make sure the wireless communication mode has not been enabled, too.

I am on windows 11. I bought a new cable that says 'sync and charge' . The woman on the phone said it was my cord so I wasted my money and bought a new one. I have tried with the wifi enabled and not enabled and still nothing works. I had downloaded Microsoft's window legacy and that only downloads but doesn't put into folders. Now with changing wifi back and forth enabled and not, THAT too isn't working. 😞 

You must leave wireless communication disabled.  Install the ITU and reboot your computer.  I recommend deleting whatever you have, reboot, re-install ITU, and reboot again.

When you connect your camera via USB, it should be turned off.  When you turn on the camera, Windows should make that bippity-boppity-BOOP noise whenever you plug something into a USB port.

If the ITU app does not launch itself, then you may have to give it a jump start and launch it manually the first time out.

I did all that and still it wont work. I am not, for some reason, able to pair this new camera so that utility will work. Thing is, I took some pics with my old SX510 and it worked properly by opening the Canon Utilities Camera Window DC as always. Then when the pics are all downloaded into their date taken folders the Digital Photo Professional opens up so I can edit them. THATS exactly what I NEED this new camera to do.

I am going to suggest that you contact Canon directly for assistance.

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/service-and-repair 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements