cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS utility V3 no longer works on Mac OS Ventura USB error please fix this

nmgold
Apprentice

my studio has been using this software to capture and control out four 5D Mk III's for years. I updated to Ventura 6 months ago, downloaded the EOS utility FOR VENTURA and it throws back a USB error every time. why are you not supporting this app with the camera's anymore? especially when it's a build that is specific to Mac OS ventura?!?!? 

I have to dig out old Laptops with older OS's to record my 2 camera video shoot while monitoring on laptops. (which is integral to how we capture one man video shoots) and then you can easily download the full rez video to said laptops to edit. why!???!??!!? please fix this Canon! 

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

We are just users and moderators. If you want Canon to see your issue, you should send feedback on the Canon USA website:

Feedback.jpg

That said, if some piece of software is critical to your business, be very careful when you perform any upgrade or update. You should always have a reversion plan.

is there an email you are aware of to reach them? I tried everywhere and gave up

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@nmgold wrote:

my studio has been using this software to capture and control out four 5D Mk III's for years. I updated to Ventura 6 months ago, downloaded the EOS utility FOR VENTURA and it throws back a USB error every time. why are you not supporting this app with the camera's anymore? especially when it's a build that is specific to Mac OS ventura?!?!? 

I have to dig out old Laptops with older OS's to record my 2 camera video shoot while monitoring on laptops. (which is integral to how we capture one man video shoots) and then you can easily download the full rez video to said laptops to edit. why!???!??!!? please fix this Canon! 

EOSU3 works with my MacBook Air and macOS Sonoma and it worked with Ventura before I upgraded.

Have you authorized USB connections in the Security section?

To manage this security setting:

1. Go to System Settings.
  2. Navigate to Security and Privacy.
  3. Under Security, you’ll find the option to Allow accessories to connect.
  4. By default, it’s set to Ask for new accessories.
  5. You can adjust this configuration based on your preferences.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You can get personalized helps and service by logging into your Canon account.

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/service-and-repair 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements