cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R5 C EOS VR Premiere Plugin - Unable to edit in RAW

VeeRPearl
Apprentice

We shot a bunch of test footage on the R5C using the Dual Fisheye Lens. Per Canon's advertisement, we shot RAW 8K/60fps to give us the best possible footage. My goal was to edit in Premiere to have better control over the color levels than what appeared to be offered in the EOS VR Utility app.

I've now downloaded the EOS VR plugin for Premiere Pro, but when I import my RAW footage, I can't seem to find the controls to change them into equirectangular format.

I searched for instructions and was pointed towards a solution of clicking on a clip in the timeline and selecting the Source tab, but there isn't anything there. I found several threads mentioning that an earlier version of the plugin wouldn't work with RAW files, only mp4. Is this still the case?

Does that mean Canon is advertising that their lens, on one specific camera, is capable of shooting 8K/60fps, but if users shoot at that, they're only able to use the lesser of two editing options? Am I missing something? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi VeerPearl,

I double checked and it is still the case that the EOS VR Plugin for Adobe Premiere Pro only works with .MP4 files. That is not a way to use that plug in with other file types. We would recommend using our EOS VR Utility to convert the file into an MP4 format.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi VeerPearl,

I double checked and it is still the case that the EOS VR Plugin for Adobe Premiere Pro only works with .MP4 files. That is not a way to use that plug in with other file types. We would recommend using our EOS VR Utility to convert the file into an MP4 format.

Thanks for looking into that. I wish Canon had been more up-front about that, but I suppose I'm glad I didn't grab the subscription for the plugin immediately. To heavily advertise that the system is capable of 8k/60fps, and then have one of the two required pipeline steps not be able to facilitate that is…not good.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements