cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SX540 HS keeps saying disconnected when using the Canon Connect app

Lori1319
Apprentice

I NEED HELP!!!! my camera keeps saying disconnected when using the canon connect app, I've been using for 2 years ugh I really need to import these pictures to my phone. THIS website is no help ive uninstalled the app 3 times tried reconnecting to my phone and nothing.  YES SAME WIFI .

7 REPLIES 7

Britteny
Enthusiast

Thanks for joining the conversation, Lori!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know what kind of phone is it, an Android or iPhone. And what camera model do you have? Feel free to give any other details you have so that the Community can help you better!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

I have an Android my camera is a Canon  PowerShot SX 540 HS

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Please tell us about your hardware.

Camera model and  firmware version.  

Mobile device type, OS and version of CC app.  

Have you reset *only* the network settings on the camera and then *forget* the saved connection profile for the camera in the Canon Connect App.  Then perform repairing?  

The most common connection issues occur when your phone connects to local Wi-Fi instead of the camera.  The camera is the what the device running Canon Connect should be pairing with. When you say "same wifi", it leads me to believe you might be using a router or access point and are trying to connect your devices to it, instead of one <> another.  🙂

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I suggest that you disable the setting that allows the mobile device to automatically connect to known wireless networks.  

The phone firmware instinctively wants to be constantly connected to the Internet, which is not available when the device is connected to the hotspot created by the camera.  If the camera is not in constant communication with the mobile device,

I suspect the firmware instincts kick and reconnect to a wireless connection that provides Internet service, usually your phone ISP service provider.  This switch can occur automatically in the background without your knowledge.

Disable the setting that allows the mobile device to automatically connect to known wireless connections.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I am not saying that this is how it works.  This is purely my speculation based upon real world observations.  My son has an iPhone and iPad with phone service,  Both devices tend to drop the camera connection.  

My iPad does not have phone service and I disable the automatic connection to wireless networks.   My iPad has never dropped the Wi-Fi connection to the camera.  Even if the camera sleep timer expires and the camera shuts down, it will reconnect to the iPad after a few seconds after I wake the camera back up.

This wireless reconnection seems to work best with Bluetooth enabled cameras.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

Lori1319,

You also have the option of using Canon Camera Connect with a wired connection. You'll need a USB cable and an OTG (on the go)  cable to connect the USB cable to your phone. 

That way, you bypass Wi-fi altogether.

Your manual should tell you what kind of USB cable you need.

Steve Thomas

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Her camera only supports wireless connection and adding location information via a mobile device's GPS

Features 1 and 3

The doc below outlines the supported features by camera model.  

Canon Camera Connect is an application to transfer images shot with compatible Canon cameras to smar...

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements