cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update the stop motion firmware in Ukraine?

DevaMotion
Apprentice

Hello friends. I am from Ukraine. I live in the city of Sumy in the east of Ukraine in the war zone. I want to install stop motion firmware on my Canon R, but I can not do it, because no service center can not help me with this because of the war. What should I do in my case? Is there any way to get the firmware in the mail and install it myself? I very much ask you to help me with this, as an opportunity to leave the country I have no and about the events in the country you yourself know. I can easily confirm my location and identity if necessary. 

2 REPLIES 2

merrit31709,

For whatever reason, the stop motion update for the EOS R is more than a typical firmware update and requires the camera be sent to a service center. The closest center to the OP is the Kyiv Representative Office, which is probably disrupted and may not be able to do the update anyway.

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

Hello DevaMotion,

As mentioned and you probably already know, this update is more complicated than a normal firmware update. I've researched it and can't figure out why. I suspect there is more going on, like maybe some added hardware or something.

I don't see an email address for the Kyiv office, but there is a phone number (+380 (44) 490 2595). If that is not possible, their listing also shows a web address. It's a long shot, but you may be able to get some answers there. www.canon.ua

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.
Announcements