cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use EOS VR Utility version 1.2 and 1.3 on still images? - Mac OSx Ventura

pedz
Enthusiast

I took still images with the dual fisheye lens attached on my Canon EOS R5 C in RAW format.  I start the EOS VR Utility and click "Still" in the upper left area and then do File => Select Folder.  I've tried selecting the folder with the raw images and I get a dialog box "There are no clips.".  I exported them via Lightroom as jpeg to a folder and tried again.  Still "no clips".  I also tried changing the extension from jpg to JPG and still no clips.  I tried version 1.2 originally and then updated to version 1.3 and still no clips.

The manual says "JPEG images produced from RAW processing without in-camera resizing or cropping"

I'm on an Apple M1 Max MacBook Pro running Ventura.

Oh... I wonder if I need to convert them with Canons EOS Utility?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pedz
Enthusiast

@pedz wrote:

I took still images with the dual fisheye lens attached on my Canon EOS R5 C in RAW format.  I start the EOS VR Utility and click "Still" in the upper left area and then do File => Select Folder.  I've tried selecting the folder with the raw images and I get a dialog box "There are no clips.".  I exported them via Lightroom as jpeg to a folder and tried again.  Still "no clips".  I also tried changing the extension from jpg to JPG and still no clips.  I tried version 1.2 originally and then updated to version 1.3 and still no clips.

The manual says "JPEG images produced from RAW processing without in-camera resizing or cropping"

Yes... that seems to be the trick.  Using Canon's DPP and exported as JPEG, now the VR utility is happy.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pedz
Enthusiast

@pedz wrote:

Yes... that seems to be the trick.  Using Canon's DPP and exported as JPEG, now the VR utility is happy.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements