cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility 3 Only Works Once After a Restart

timan42
Apprentice

M1 Mac Ventura T7 EOS Utility 3 started out working fine. Now it only works once after a restart. After that first use when booted there is a flash window, Black/White lettering, 1/2 second, too fast to read, then the regular start downloading window with the lettering dimmed. No functions. Restart and you get one shot at it again. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorry. I can’t help. Extremely difficult to diagnose issues when it works on one device but not another and the basic parameters seem the same. You could give Canon a call at (866) 261-9362. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

MaBook Air M2 with Ventura 13.2.

Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 7.36.31 PM.png

Verify that you are running the EOSU3 file and not the unnumbered EOS Utility loader file.

Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 7.38.22 PM.png

Verify that you have granted the required Files & Folders permissions.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

EOS Utility 3, Vrs 3.15.20(3.16.20.4) Yes, you show the same window I am seeing. Although I have been a MAC user since the 512 days I have rarely had to deal with "Files & Folders permissions". I know, I should know all this apparently. So, what am I looking for? If I should be looking at Settings: Camera-I see only Skype. Am I looking for Camera? If it is not there, How do I get it there? What is missing? Note: this all works the first time EOS is opened after a restart... so something has to be right in the setup. When I disconnect the camera from the iMac it will not reconnect without a restart. I have never seen a reference to EOSU3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I started with an Apple II. 

System Settings->Privacy & Security->Files and Folders is the path. 

You can find the EOSU3 app in Applications->Canon Utilities->EOS Utility. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

timan42
Apprentice

In Applicaations:

Canon Utilities Folder> EOS Utility Folder>EOS Utility is the EOS Utility Launcher for Pairing over Wi-Fi/Lan... do not see how this applies.

Canon Utilities Folder> EOS Utility Folder> EU3> EOS Utility 3 is the App I am using.

Sorry. I can’t help. Extremely difficult to diagnose issues when it works on one device but not another and the basic parameters seem the same. You could give Canon a call at (866) 261-9362. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

timan42
Apprentice

Thanks for the effort. What I will do for now is change the way I shoot and process. I will take multiple shots and transfer all in one go once a day.

If you are just transferring images try using Apple Image Capture. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

placson007
Apprentice

I have the T7i and same issue after upgrading to Ventura.  It only works after a reboot and once I close the app or turn off camera it won't start the EOS Utility 3 app any more. Any fix yet?

Are you using EOSU 3.16.12?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements