cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant update firmware 1.9.0 to R5

Peterbo123
Apprentice

Cant update firmware 1.9.0. Get tje message. “Failed to transfure the firmware”.

done this before with my iphone wireles…

bateri  ok,  and wifi work ok  transfuring pictures! 

regards Peter , Denmark

4 REPLIES 4

Peter
Authority
Authority

Download the zip file instead, unzip and put on the card.

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

I'm not sure how you equate a phone with a dedicated camera.  Did you read the instructions on how to do a firmware update from the Canon Site? A camera needs to have the source file uncompressed and it does not have the means to do so itself because it does not support compression applications.  I recommend you go to the Canon support page, and read the instructions, then download the compressed file to a computer, copy that FIR file to an SD card and install it as instructed.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Peterbo123
Apprentice

Hej- Yes that is the old way to do it. Bu this camera child doing ir wierwlws

Hej

Tanks for your replay. Tha way you dscripe, is the old way and perhaps the most secure, but this camera should do it wireless trough the app- "Cannon connect ". I have done it several to times before. I have contacted canon.com and they also prefer the old way. But they have to get it to work. If you could update your iPhone wireless so... it should be don with your camera in 2023.

Regards Peter, DK

Sometimes the 'old way' is the best way.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements