cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get Quick menu to recognize both my Canon printer & Canon scanner?

DGA
Apprentice

When I installed my printer, the settings in Quick menu for my scanner were wiped out. How do I get Quick menu to recognize both devices?

5 REPLIES 5

Stephen

Hi DGA!
So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what equipment you're using, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet). Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue! Thanks and have a great day!

The printer is Canon PIXMA MG3220 with a wireless WIFI connection

The scanner is Canon LIDE 210 connected via USB

the system is running Windows 8

Hi DGA,

In order for scanner options for both models to show up, you must have both the MP Navigator for the LiDE 210 installed and the My Image Garden for the MG3220 installed.  Please make sure you have both by going to your Start screen, then type in either MP Navigator or My Image Garden into the start screen.  Once you start typing it will search your computer for those programs and will display an icon if installed. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have both applications on my computer. However, the MP Namvgator is not on the Quick Menu. Any way to add it to that menu?

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi DGA,

The Quick Menu program works with only the My Image Garden scanning application. Since the LiDE210 uses only MP Navigator EX for scanning, there is no way to add the icon to the Quick Menu. Unfortunately, you will need to scan with the compatible application for each device.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements