cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS utility not working on mac ventura

bekka7957
Apprentice

I have just installed the eos utility on my new MacBook Air (Ventura 13.5.1). I managed to install it, however when I open the program everything is grey and I can't click on anything. Camera is connected through WiFi but an error message pops up saying can't connect to server. Are any updates available for Ventura? Any suggestions please? 

14 REPLIES 14

I found this to be some kind of timing issue.  If I flip the camera off then back on repeatedly the EOS Utility 3 sees the camera at some point, usually about 4 attempts.  Also, I've upgraded from Ventura to Sonoma.

megs2cents
Apprentice

Updated to Ventura and now the EOS utility (which worked before) no longer works properly. T7 connect by usb.
The livestream utility shows the camera but it is not recognized anywhere else on the computer.

When you say “nowhere “ does that nean Apple Image Capture ?

Have you authorized the USB connection in the Privacy & Security section?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

rbphotography
Apprentice

I've been struggling with this issue as well - also using Venture and even after updating to the latest Utility version.
What helped me (after actually reading the user manual haha) was realising that I still had Bridge open. According to the user manual, any other programme potentially trying to read the camera at the same time as Utility, blocks Utility from reading the camera. So I closed Bridge, made sure all my other camera programmes are closed as well, then reopened Utility, and voilá, all sorted. Maybe check that all other programmes that could interfere are closed? 

Yes. And some applications like Dropbox and One Drive can also be triggered by a camera to back up photos. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic
Announcements