cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Utility Service 'EWCService' (EWCService.exe) failed to start.

KaramAL67
Contributor

Service 'EWCService' (EWCService.exe) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services. This message would appear every time I click the setup.exe for webcam utility. I tried everything and even found every article and nothing seems to work. Can I please get some help on this.

Thank you.

13 REPLIES 13

SamanthaW

Hi!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the model of camera you have, as well as the operating system on your computer.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, please check out your other support options here.

Thanks! 

KaramAL67
Contributor

My camera is a canon rebel t6 and i'm running on a windows 10 Home

@KaramAL67 wrote:

My camera is a canon rebel t6 and i'm running on a windows 10 Home

Is your computer using an Intel or AMD Chipset?  Was the Windows 10 Home Operating System installed on the computer when you bought it, or is it an upgrade?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

It’s an intel. I didn’t install it to the driver it came with windows 10 home when I bought it. I just installed the webcam utility from the website and when I click install I get all the way to the installed part until it gives me an error for ewcservices. Like I said before I checked articles before on how to solve my problem but nothing seems to work. 

What brand and model computer is if?  

The “Windows 10 Home” operating system is an older version of the current “Windows 10 (64-bit)”.  The “Home” edition was available for 32-bit and 64-bit machines.  All the current Canon apps need a 64-bit CPU environment.

There have been previous forum members reporting this identical issue.  All of them had one thing in common.  They were using machines that were out of hardware compliance.  That’s a euphemism for they were using older PCs, and in some cases third party Windows tablets.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hi it is a 64x and the hardware is up to date. Unsure why this is not working. 

64-bit*

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Great questions.  He is only the second user I've seen post in regards to this topic / issue.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

KaramAL67
Contributor

I'm going, to be honest right now but there are a bunch of people who are having this problem and there are no answers. I tried to find a way to contact Canon support but it seems they don't have a contact number or live chat. Honestly, this has been a problem for numerous people. By now the developing team should have a solution or have a community forum that helps everyone with the same issue. It is sad how no one knows how to solve issue no matter how many forums I've read and seen and attempted nothing seems to work and it's just a reoccurring issue for a lot of members. Canon support team if you are reading this message please get back to me with a 1 to 1 email or live chat to help resolve this issue and relay the problem to all users experiencing this issue. Thank you. It has nothing to do with the software everything is up to date and people with Windows 11 or brand-new devices are having a similar issue as well.

Announcements