cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Utility Service 'EWCService' (EWCService.exe) failed to start.

KaramAL67
Contributor

Service 'EWCService' (EWCService.exe) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services. This message would appear every time I click the setup.exe for webcam utility. I tried everything and even found every article and nothing seems to work. Can I please get some help on this.

Thank you.

13 REPLIES 13

What brand and model of computer is it?

We have had a number of users report this same or similar issue.  None of them were running a Windows 11 machine.  All of them were running older machines, or machines with upgraded Operating Systems.  At least one of them was running a home brewed platform that they had assembled.

What brand and model of computer are you using?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Here is a recent example of what I am talking about.  

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Camera-Software/EOS-Webcam-will-not-install-EWCService-exe-failed... 

Other users chimed in with similar issues.  All of them seemed to have hardware that was out of compliance or not supported.  There are both hardware and software prerequisites to run the applications.

Hello I am having the exact same issue and I am running a HP all in one 22 and as far as I’m concerned, everything is up-to-date is my computer compatible or no.

@Losey wrote:

Hello I am having the exact same issue and I am running a HP all in one 22 and as far as I’m concerned, everything is up-to-date is my computer compatible or no.

I strongly encourage you to start your own thread for your issue.  The more threads there, the more widespread this “issue” will seem to be.

Good resolving your issue(s).

Announcements