cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Utility 2.0 not working since upgrade to MacOS 13 (Ventura)

harmerj7
Contributor

I uninstalled the old (1.1) version, rebooted, installed the new version, rebooted again, and it still does not work.

This is all I see...This is all I see...

11 REPLIES 11

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi harmerj7,

The EOS Webcam Utility has not been updated for macOS 13 yet, so it might not function correctly on that operating system at this time. At this time there has not been an announcement for when an updated version may be released.

We are not notified to future software, firmware, or hardware updates prior to them being officially announced by Canon. If you would like to be notified about updates you can also set your email preferences in your Canon account to receive EOS News.

why don't you all do proper QA and support?  i'm cancelling my "pro" subscription; there is no proper support for this and the wifi features that are paid for dont even work on your newest cameras!

test your products properly before releasing them and charging people money!!!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

In addition, I'd like to understand why the display is reading backwards like mirroring is enabled?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

The backwards image is just because that's how Google Meet shows your image to you.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Back to basics. Are you able to download images from your camera using a USB cable?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yes, I am able to download using a USB cable.
I believe it is an issue with the Webcam utility (downloading images requires a different application (EOS Utility 3.16.1 for macOS) than using it as a webcam (EOS Webcam Utility Pro 2.0 (macOS)), not my camera or cable, because it all worked gret prior to upgrading to MacO3 13 (Ventura).

@harmerj7wrote:

Yes, I am able to download using a USB cable.
I believe it is an issue with the Webcam utility (downloading images requires a different application (EOS Utility 3.16.1 for macOS) than using it as a webcam (EOS Webcam Utility Pro 2.0 (macOS)), not my camera or cable, because it all worked gret prior to upgrading to MacO3 13 (Ventura).

I fully understand that you wish to use the Webcam Utility. However, if you are STILL able to download images following the upgrade, then that means we can scratch the cable and device drivers off the list of possible issues.

The backwards image that you are seeing is commonly displayed when there is not USB communication with the camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

In addition.  Have you checked GateKeeper, as well as confirming the Utility has Full Disk Access if applicable?  I haven't installed the Utility on my MBP as yet, but I'm seeing a lot of security prompts when connecting new USB devices and when installing new software where a "background" application applies.  I am a windows user by preference, but own Macs too.  It might still come down to Hazel_T's point.  The WebCam Utility has not been updated for Ventura yet, but we are aware of it working for some based on feedback from users on other threads.  Intel Mac's M1, M2 as well.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Great questions - I just gave EOS Webcam utility full disk access, and it still doesn't work.  I don't know what else to check for Gatekeeper, though - do you have any suggestions? IU randomly added it to Screen Recording & Accessibility, but neither of those changed the outcome.

Announcements