cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Web Utility No longer working after Monterey iOS upgrade (machine as Intel processor)

darrencoleman
Contributor

Hello. I have a Canon M50 which I was using as a webcam with EOS WebCam utility running on MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) with 2.5 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7. The software has never been great/stable but was working until I upgraded my MacBook iOS to Monterey 12.5.1 (21G83). Now I just get an error in Zoom etc. https://www.reddit.com/r/canon/comments/mbk0ua/eos_webcam_utility_error/

The camera is in Movie mode and the viewer open etc. Can you advise on a solution, please?

I've also tried Cascable as an alternative but haven't managed to get it to work and the support team there aren't that supportive so I'm kinda stuck with Canon's software. 

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Help someone to help you.  Can define what “no longer working” means?  What symptoms or signs of it not working are you seeing?  Do you still see the EOS Webcam as a camera device that you can select for use?  

Have you tried deleting and re-installing they EOS Webcam Utility?  Do you also have the regular EOS Utility installed?  I think the program is called “Image Capture”.  Does Image Capture see the camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

darrencoleman
Contributor

When I use a video conferencing app like Zoom the option to use EOS Web Utility is there (as with other cameras) but the following error presents. EOS web utiliyt error .png 

I've uninstalled and reinstalled EOS Web Utility. 

EOS Utility works fine. 

As a plan B, I've tried to use Cascable but it's very unstable. 

Any suggestions or ideas would be welcome? This only happened after upgrading to Monterery.

That display means the EOS Utility is running, but not connected to the camera.

If you were able to get it to work before, then I assume that you know that the EOS Utility and the EOS Launcher apps need to be shut down.  Make sure the camera is not in wireless mode.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements