cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS VR Utility: Clips Not Found - Request

Lavilla91
Apprentice

Hi there,

Was curious if there were some solutions in the works for moments when VR clips are shot without external power attached. EOS VR utility refuses to recognize the .CRM files as actual clips. I have done a little bit of diagnostics and it seems to only occur when external power is not attached. When no external power is attached, the lens does not receive power. However, clips are recorded to the media card without a problem.

Davinci imports clips without any problems. I think the problem lies that the CRM file does not contain lens data and thus the software refuses to recognize it as a valid VR file.

My request would be to offer a solution by allowing the user to "force" a clip to be imported by the utility or somehow recognized. In the instances that there are no lens data available, a simple user-selected drop down of "What lens was used?" would allow the software to hopefully have the information it needs to calculate the needed parameters.

Thanks for considering this. Any other thoughts or suggestions?

EOS VR Version 1.4

Most recent Canon R5c firmware with 5.2mm RF lens, shooting in RAW LT mode 8k 60fps

0 REPLIES 0
click here to view the gallery
Announcements