cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility can not detect my EOS700D

seanebue
Contributor

Hello there!

I have followed every instruction found at support section and tried different solution but no avail. My EOS Utility, 2 and or even 3 can not detect my Canon EOS700D. I can see my EOS700D on my computer connected but it seems I can not find solution for my problem. Here are some details;

Using:

Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series 64bit (Windows 10).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

One other thing to try that I saw on line.

Go to Device Manager->Portable Devices and delete the camera.

Annotation 2020-05-11 143146.jpg

Then connect camera and turn it on to force the computer to re-find the device.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34

seanebue
Contributor
I am using Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 1909
OS build 18363.815 and I have multimedia features except windows media player. I think it does not apply with me.

@seanebue wrote:
I am using Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 1909
OS build 18363.815 and I have multimedia features except windows media player. I think it does not apply with me.

See this:

Annotation 2020-05-10 114443.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

seanebue
Contributor
I have to check the firewall or the mcafee antivirus tomorrow but I doubt it.

seanebue
Contributor
I remember last time, I used my eos700d connected to my smartphone android using only the white canon usb cable and a third party app installed on my smartphone, so there is nothing wrong with the cable and as well as the dslr. Im wondering what I am missing from the process of installation.

@seanebue wrote:
I remember last time, I used my eos700d connected to my smartphone android using only the white canon usb cable and a third party app installed on my smartphone, so there is nothing wrong with the cable and as well as the dslr. Im wondering what I am missing from the process of installation.

Perhaps you cable is the issue.  I do not see how the same cable that can connect to a smart phone can also be used to connect to a USB port on a Windows PC.

John is correct about needing Windows Media Player, WMP, installed on a Windows 10 PC.  Your phone is not running Windows.  Be ware that there are different versions of WMP that are available for download.  

You must match up the build number of your Windows installation with the version of WMP you are downloading.  For example, Windows 10 N and Windows 10 RN have different WMP downloads.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

By the way, the mini usb data cable for eos 550, 600, 650 are all the same and can be use as well in eos700d?

Yes. The only difference in cables is some are power only and some are data and power. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

seanebue
Contributor
I will take note of this inputs and consider all. if I am to download this WMP, how will I know if my Windows Home edition is N or RN?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14209/get-windows-media-player

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

seanebue
Contributor
Thanks John! I will continue figuring it out and try that WMP link later after my online meeting with the office. See you here later.
Announcements