cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility 3 not detecting EOS 5D mark iv in Mac pro

mariacorcuera
Contributor

Hi there, my EOS Utility suddenly stopped working; it doesn’t detect my camera anymore; I checked connection cable and that’s not the problem; I uninstalled the software and installed again, and nothing. Why I’m not able to use it?

13 REPLIES 13

I have no such "security" option after:  System Settings > Security and Privacy

I have Mac Studio M1, running Ventura 13.1. I had previously attached and streamed using my 5D Mark IV for streaming to my Macbook Pro. I just updated the cameras firmware and no luck. Yesterday, the camera connects to the EOS utility but would not connect on Streamyard. Now today, the computer is not recognizing it at all. 

Screenshot 2023-03-09 at 5.07.36 AM.png

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

On an aside...  Please look in Security and Preference and check permissions for the EOS Utility.  I have a untested theory that permissions might be what's keeping external devices from connecting.  I would still uninstall, restart and reinstall first.  I have not tested this yet with Ventura.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Falketimages
Contributor

In my case is on Windows 10-64 and my 7D. anyone has this problem? 

jparhamtv
Contributor

So for my 5d MarkIV running Ventura 13.4.1 adding EOS Utility to open on login connecting the camera and turning it on. Then log out and log back in this worked for me. Good luck

Announcements