cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility 3 Software downloads for Mac OS13???

DagmarLeo
Apprentice

Hi,

does anybody have an idea how long does it take for Canon to post software downloads on the web after Mac OS upgrade release? Unfortunately, I upgraded my Mac to OS13 Ventura and now I don't have Utility 3 and no way to download my pix from the camera :-(. Mac also can't read my memory card properly, does it also need Utility for it?? Thank you much...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

In addition to Rick's advice, you should be able to access your camera using Image Capture. It started up automatically when i connected my 1D X to my Ventura MacBook Air.

If your computer can't read your camera card it sounds like you have a potential card issue.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

No special utility is needed.  A memory card in a reader is seen as a removeable mass storage device.  Finder should mount it and make it readable.  We have about 130 Macs and none of our engineers or Execs will be upgrading to Ventura for the time being.  I may update one of my spares to start testing application compatibility, but not on a system I need for daily use.

If you are stuck, use time machine and go back to Monterey.  Apple will eventually resolve these issues and Canon will release updates for its applications.  These types of teething pains are not worth your time.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you very much for your prompt response. It seems the SD card is corrupt, I'll need to figure out the best way to restore it (if possible). I'd rather wait for the app updates than go back to Monterrey - I've learned my lesson - I won't be upgrading without checking the Canon updates first for sure! 🙂

The same thing happened to me after I upgraded to Ventura a couple of days ago. Utility works fine and opens on my Windows laptop, but not on my iMac now. 

Delete and reinstall EOSU. If an Intel Mac w/Ventura reset NVRAM after deleting and before reinstalling. That has worked for others.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

In addition to Rick's advice, you should be able to access your camera using Image Capture. It started up automatically when i connected my 1D X to my Ventura MacBook Air.

If your computer can't read your camera card it sounds like you have a potential card issue.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you for your response. I found out that the SD card is OK, it works on PC without a problem, only Mac can't read it after upgrade to Ventura. So it seems I need to fix the card reader.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your suggestion to use Image Capture!!! It worked!!

johnrmoyer
Mentor
Mentor

I have the same problem. I was trying to update the time and camera settings using EOS Utility 3. The USB connection to the iMac is now power only. Image capture does recognize that the camera is there.

Card reader on iMac still works for me.

I had the same problem with Android File Transfer as with EOS Utility 3, but resetting the NVRAM fixed that.

---
https://www.rsok.com/~jrm/

johnrmoyer
Mentor
Mentor

After resetting NVRAM on my iMac, deleting EOS Utility3, downloading and installing EOS Utility 3 for macOS 11, now it works again. I hope this might be helpful for someone else.

---
https://www.rsok.com/~jrm/
Announcements