cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility 3 Software downloads for Mac OS13???

DagmarLeo
Apprentice

Hi,

does anybody have an idea how long does it take for Canon to post software downloads on the web after Mac OS upgrade release? Unfortunately, I upgraded my Mac to OS13 Ventura and now I don't have Utility 3 and no way to download my pix from the camera :-(. Mac also can't read my memory card properly, does it also need Utility for it?? Thank you much...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

In addition to Rick's advice, you should be able to access your camera using Image Capture. It started up automatically when i connected my 1D X to my Ventura MacBook Air.

If your computer can't read your camera card it sounds like you have a potential card issue.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

matthieub
Contributor

Now if Image Capture was still an option that we could download, it would be great. But I don't see it anywhere on the Canon France website, only EOSU, which still don't work on M1.

Image Capture is an Apple app. It is built into the OS; you will find it in your Apps folder.

EOSU 13.6.1 does work with Ventura on an Apple Silicon MacBook Air (at least for me).

Check your security permissions. Try running EOSU3 directly; find it in the Canon Utilities folder.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Oh, OK... But then I'm not sure it will sort out the raw/jpg properly, I liked EOSU sorting procedure.

Will try running EOSU directly but not convinced it will work as it's in my dock and tried it from there.

If it doesn't work for you (but does work for me) there must be some local computer issues that I won't be able to assist with. Sorry we couldn't get the issue resolved.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yeah, it's very annoying because it used to work VERY WELL in March when I also had the same laptop and the same camera and managed to transfer thousands of photos properly.

Anyway, I hope Apple gets their stuff sorted out (not holding my breath, it's known that they change things days before a release and leave third party hardware manufacturers dealing with consequences).

No camera or scanner detected.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements