cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility 3 Crashes with Sequoia macOS15 and unable to download longer slow motion videos

PeterMatay
Apprentice

Hello there, I have a problem. EOS Utility 3 Crashes with Sequoia macOS15. I am currently in Maldives for 2 months and buying a card reader is out of option. I can only connect my R5 camera to the computer. I have installed Sequoia and the EOS Utility 3 does not respond and hangs on opening.

I have tried to do downloads via, photoapp, image capture, adobe bridge, both lightrooms, digital photo professional 4 - does not seem to connect to camera. They do work but not for longer 4k slow motion videos that are longer than 60 seconds.

I do a lot of them and now there is no way of me downloading them to the computer and onto the hard drive. I have about 200 GB left and cannon does not update the app I will be in a serious trouble as I have the professional recording gig here. Can you suggest something that works? I have tried manually splitting the large videos and but I cannot be doing that all day long as I have a lot of other work. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Apple is still working on an update. 

IMG_1327.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Blueberry_Lover
Enthusiast

You can use the R5 itself to copy video files from Compact Flash to an SD card. Then use a low cost SD to USB reader (I use an old Kingston MobileLite G4 Multi-Function SD / microSD Card Reader). I don't recall experiencing any issue transferring large files. Card readers based on USB 3.1 Gen 2 can provide very fast transfers.

BTW, I'm still using Sonoma but can't see why the same approach wouldn't work with Sequoia.

- Pie Lover

EOS Utility does not come up anymore when I connect camera to Mac. Digital professional , HDR tools do not work . Both shut down . 

Try the version of EU3 below which has been reported to work with Sequoia. Make sure you quit Photos, Image Capture, Preview before launching the Canon utility for downloading images.

- Pie LoverScreenshot 2024-10-27 at 11.55.07 PM.png

I have got this version. It does not work on the Sequoia 15.0.1 I suppose I would have to install the RC version of Sequoia which is 15.1 but I am uneasy about that 

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Apple is still working on an update. 

IMG_1327.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I cannot believe that the entire canon community of users are just waiting to apple and are unable to use the Utility 3. Well I suppose that is the solution to use the RC version but hope nothing breaks. Thank you. 

Announcements