cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility 2 - can't connect my Canon 70D

alemrak
Apprentice

Hi, I downloaded EOS Utility which came with EOS Utility 3 but not EOS Utility 2. That's the message I get when I try to connect my 70D:

eos utility problem.PNG

I tried to download it separately but it still doesn't appear anywhere in my Programme Files. What should I do? I need it to download a flat-like profile.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You do not want to download the latest version of the EOSU3 installer if you want to get EOSU2.

You need to download version 3.13.20 or earlier. That version will install EOSU3 along with EOSU2. The Canon support site used to explain that but the new format has removed a lot of explanatory material in the apparent interest of uniformity.  

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What Operating System are you running?  What version of the EOS Utility 3 did you install?

The most current versions of the EOS Utility 3 for Windows 10 will also install EOS Utility 2 at the same time.  The latest version is 3.15.0.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I'm running Windows 10. I installed the latest version of EOS Utility from the official page. Utility 3 came with it and it's the latest version as well. Utility 2 doesn't even appear on the list of the installer.

eos problem2.PNG

You do not want to download the latest version of the EOSU3 installer if you want to get EOSU2.

You need to download version 3.13.20 or earlier. That version will install EOSU3 along with EOSU2. The Canon support site used to explain that but the new format has removed a lot of explanatory material in the apparent interest of uniformity.  

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I downloaded the 3.13.20 version and it worked. Thanks a lot!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Go here: Canon Support for EOS 70D | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Download EOSU 3.13.20. It will also install EOSU2. Any later version of EOSU3 will not install version 2 along with it.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I uninstalled what I had before and downloaded the installer from the linked page. Still, no Utility 2. I'm running Windows 10.

eos problem2.PNG

Did you download 3.13.20 (not 3.15)?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi John, I just wanted to say I was having this same exact issue and you helped me a lot, thank you so much!

Glad I could help. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements