cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7i Software Updates for macOS Ventura

memcaton
Contributor

Error message "software needs to be updated. Contact manufacturer"

When will there be an update so my camera Rebel t7I can be seen by my new computer MacOS Ventura?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

My post said go to the macOS 12 page.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

I'm not familiar with CameraWindow.

The Mac software Image Capture or Canon software EOS Utility should connect to your camera and allow image download.

Image Capture is a basic downloader. EOSU does that and allows much more interaction with your camera.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Kept thinking about this and extrapolating on it, I reopened the macOS 12 page. I saw that it did have a link to upload an  EOS Utility 3.16.1 for macOS and thought I should try it too (probably what you were trying to tell me and I was too dense to understand).  To make a long story short, IT WORKED. I downloaded the application and connected my camera. It doesn't open the app automatically, but I added it to my doc and when I open it, it sees my camera and gives me a window to chose the photos I want to download.  I'm so grateful to you.  For some reason image capture doesn't see the camera, but now I have an app that does.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

14 REPLIES 14

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What software are you trying to use? If it is EOS Utility download version 3.16.1 from the macOS 12 download page for your cane4a. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I'm pretty tech illiterate.  I downloaded the software that had come with the camera. Under Canon Utilities, there are a number of things that now have a line through them showing they are now inactive. They are WFT pairing, Camera Window, Digital Photo Professional 4, image browser EX, Map Utility,Photo Stitch Launcher, Picture Style Editor, ReadMe(image handling library) and uploader for CiG bundle.  Pretty much everything under Canon Utilities now has a line over it. If I try to open any I get the message ".......needs to be updated"  "The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information"   I tried asking the question to Canon directly, but it then says "my question contains items they do not recognize."  That was less than helpful.  For now I'm using my external card reader to get my photos from my camera to my computer. I'm less than impressed with this new OS.  Nothing works.  Even my Adobe Products are giving me grief.  Adobe is much more helpful in getting me solutions than Canon has been so far.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Go to this site and select macOS 12. Latest versions of all software.

Screenshot 2023-01-16 093215.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I tried that, but MacOS Ventura is not an operating system listed. It's Mac's newest operating system and is causing me major grief.  Wish I had never upgraded.

My post said go to the macOS 12 page.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yay, once I reread your suggestion and followed the instructions, I now have Digital Photo Professional again.  However, when I connect my camera, it still doesn't see it.  The camera window still has a line through it.  Thank you for your patience with me. You solved half of my problem for me. Any advice on how to make it see the camera again?Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 9.03.24 AM.png

The circle with slash overlay icon means that software isn't compatible with your Mac.  Most likely issue is that the software is only 32-bit and your Mac requires 64-bit software.  What specific Mac model do you have?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

I have an IMac 24 inch, M1, 2021   MAC OS Ventura 13.1  16 GB memory.  I  believe it has 64 bit software.  Had the same issue getting Photoshop to recognize my Topaz plug-ins.  Adobe basically told me "So sorry, tough luck, you can still use our programs on an older computer"  Not helpful.

PS:  At least you solved my issue with Digital Photo Professional and for that I'm very grateful.

Announcements