cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T6 - can not connect to Webcam Utility

shushu80
Apprentice

Hello I am unable to connect to Skype using the webcam utility on a Mac (Monterey Version 12.6).  These are the steps that I have taken so far. 1. Disabled the wifi connection.  2. Updated the firmwear to version 1.2.0

3. Disabled the EOS Utility so that it doesn't launch automatically when the camera is connected.

4. Turn video mode on when connecting to SKYPE. 

It's possible to connect the camera to the EOS Utility 3 and use the remote shooting application. 

When I log into SKYPE the camera shows a black screen with a white title, "EOS Webcam Utility." 

Any ideas how to fix this error? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings shushu80,

Thank you for providing us with the steps you've taken to troubleshoot the webcam issue with your EOS Rebel T6 camera.

Please check to see if the camera can be used as a webcam through a different video conferencing software aside from Skype. For example, check to see if it will work with Zoom or OBS.

Prior to opening Skype, check to see if the computer is able to recognize the camera in general through EOS Utility or through the Image Capture app which is pre-installed on Apple computers.

I understand that you've closed EOS Utility but check to see if there may be any other app that may be trying to communicate with the camera since this would prevent the EOS Webcam Utility from talking to the camera.

You may also test a different USB cable as well as a different USB port on your computer. To see if the issue is not related to your computer, you may test to see if the EOS Webcam Utility works with your EOS Rebel T6 on a different computer.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings shushu80,

Thank you for providing us with the steps you've taken to troubleshoot the webcam issue with your EOS Rebel T6 camera.

Please check to see if the camera can be used as a webcam through a different video conferencing software aside from Skype. For example, check to see if it will work with Zoom or OBS.

Prior to opening Skype, check to see if the computer is able to recognize the camera in general through EOS Utility or through the Image Capture app which is pre-installed on Apple computers.

I understand that you've closed EOS Utility but check to see if there may be any other app that may be trying to communicate with the camera since this would prevent the EOS Webcam Utility from talking to the camera.

You may also test a different USB cable as well as a different USB port on your computer. To see if the issue is not related to your computer, you may test to see if the EOS Webcam Utility works with your EOS Rebel T6 on a different computer.

Hi Natalya, 

Thank you for your reply. 

The webcam appears to be working with Zoom and Vimeo recorder, however, it doesn't work with Skype. There must be some kind of glitch with this application.  I will try out another USB cable to see if this rectifies the problem and also try on a different computer. 

Announcements