cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T3 can download photos via Photos app but not via EOS Utility

KenD
Apprentice

Took Rebel T3 out of closet after 8 years

yes it's been a while since I used regularly. Grandfather now and just shoot family  and vacation photos. Camera worked like a charm, great photos. Cut to the chase. New computer so I installed CD's that came with camera and registered, must not have done when first purchased. Having issue downloading images. Went through utility and put in preferences, while camera was connected. Didn't work. Downloaded using "Photos" app and have photos where I want them. What did I do wrong and how to correct. Running Windows11 but canon site says it detected windows10.Need someone to point me in right direction. Appreciate any suggestions I am a novice with camera and computer.

2 REPLIES 2

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Why do you want to use the Utility if Photos works fine?

Are we talking about 2 different computers here?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@KenD wrote:

Took Rebel T3 out of closet after 8 years

yes it's been a while since I used regularly. Grandfather now and just shoot family  and vacation photos. Camera worked like a charm, great photos. Cut to the chase. New computer so I installed CD's that came with camera and registered, must not have done when first purchased. Having issue downloading images. Went through utility and put in preferences, while camera was connected. Didn't work. Downloaded using "Photos" app and have photos where I want them. What did I do wrong and how to correct. Running Windows11 but canon site says it detected windows10.Need someone to point me in right direction. Appreciate any suggestions I am a novice with camera and computer.

Did you download the EOSU app from your camera CD and the run the 2.14 updater from the Canon support site for the T3?

The T3 requires EOSU Version 2. Version 3 will not recognize the camera.

Version 2 may not be compatible with W11.

You could try downloading EOSU 3.13.20 from the 1D X Mark III support site. It will install the most recent version of EOSU2. (Note that you need to select W10 as OS version).

Screenshot 2024-08-06 105423.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic
Announcements