cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 5D Mark III no longer recognized by EOS Utility 3.0 / Mac M3 Pro ?

DarioF
Apprentice

Hi,

An enthusiast photographer here.

I am all new to apple. just got M3 Pro yesterday, and I do not know why Mac is not registering the Canon 5D markiii when connected via usb ? while my old Lenovo does. 

using same cable to transfer photos from an old external hdd and it works.... also EOS Utility 3.0 not working with Mac...

any suggestions ?

2 REPLIES 2

rs-eos
Elite

What specific Mac do you have (MacBook, iMac, etc)?  It may have a card slot built-in and that would be the easiest and most reliable method of transfering photos to your computer.

Regarding the USB cable connection, do you have macOS Sonoma (14.x)?  If so, it appears that Apple broke their Privacy & Security settings.   There should be a "Allow accessories to connect" setting, but I'm not finding that today.   I just tried connecting my EOS 5D IV to my Mac Studio (with macOS Sonoma 14.2) and it does not connect.  I'll file a bug with Apple later today.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

I got MacBook Pro M3, new out the box just yesterday, and it`s been frustrating experience so far.

it does have card slot sdxc, and I ve been using CF....might just switch to cdxc - think, 5D supports it.

usb cable I am using works ok with old hdd, and it works on old Lenovo as well. 

thanks 

Announcements