cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP not seeing jpg or cr2 photos

rosycreates
Enthusiast

I just bought a used PowerShot S120. Everything works great on it! So, I downloaded and installed DPP. I attached my S120 to my Windows 10 laptop using the USB to Mini USB cord. Then open the location/folder to the my S120. DPP doesn't see anything! Not cr2. Not even jpg! However, explorer opens them so I know they are readable...I really don't want to need to download Gimp...HELP!!

TIA!

Rosy

22 REPLIES 22

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

DPP has a simple file browser interface. Have you opened the entire file path down to the image file folder?

Screenshot 2022-01-27 083114.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes, I have. It shows as empty. Yet, you can see the files in windows explorer. 

When you see them in Explorer are they on the card in the camera? Or did Windows import them to a folder on the computer. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Explorer sees them either way. In camera or in a card reader. My dell 5290 doesn't have a SD card reader. Just a micro sd card.

Right click on one of the .CR2 files in the folder and select the”OpenWith” option. Select DPP4 as the program and see what happens. 
Without being at your computer I don’t have an idea why DPP sees the folder but no content. You’re sure you are looking at the same folder in Explorer and DPP?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Ok. I downloaded a cr2 onto my laptop. I did get the option to choose. Do I changed it to DPP. I then tried to open a the files in DPP. Nada.

rosycreates
Enthusiast

It seems that I can't choose another program. I even tried to change the default program.  No go. Attached are 2 photos...

20220127_122539.jpg

20220127_122523.jpg

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

OK. So it sounds like you have a DPP problem.

What type computer? Windows 10?

Latest version of DPP? 4.15.20?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNpngg2Z6dbhK9lrmimXOrW0FCu4A?e=RdFpqM

Download this file and see if it opens via DPP.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I am not hone right now. When I get home I will. Thanks! 

Announcements