cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP crashed, no error message

YossiDror
Contributor

Digital Photo Professional - the s/w was functioning perfectly till last week . Since last week, the s/w crashed immediately after loading with no error code or any message .

Computer info :

processor : 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700   2.10 GHz

RAM : 16GB

OD build : 19045.4894

Any idea ??? 

Tks, Yossi .

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@YossiDror wrote:

Digital Photo Professional - the s/w was functioning perfectly till last week . Since last week, the s/w crashed immediately after loading with no error code or any message .

Computer info :

processor : 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700   2.10 GHz

RAM : 16GB

OD build : 19045.4894

Any idea ??? 

Tks, Yossi .

I don't have an explanation, but I recommend that you uninstall the software and then use the free version of CCleaner to perform a registry clean. That has worked for me when DPP has acted up. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Thanks . I will try the CCleaner . 

wq9nsc
Elite
Elite

Definitely follow John's suggestion and also move or delete any files in whatever you have set as the default image directory.  If you don't set a fixed default directory, it would use whatever image folder last used so move the files out of it. 

Many years ago, DPP was instantly crashing and it quit after I cleared out the image directory.  I suspect it created a corrupted file when it was saving images the previous time it was used.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

YossiDror
Contributor

Thanks . Looks like the base reason for the crashes was a corrupt RAW file stored at the same working folder I used .Removing that file solve the problem .

Thank you all .

Yossi .

Announcements